Certified translations


As certified and sworn translators, we regularly translate a wide range of legal documents, such as

  • Birth certificates
  • Testimonies
  • Diplomas
  • Certificates
  • Extracts from the Commercial Register
  • Marriage certificates
  • Divorce decrees
  • Identity cards
  • Passports
  • Expert reports

and many other certificates.

Simply send a copy of your document (as a PDF file) to: office@freshminds.info

Or contact us any time at 0174 4751741 or 0176 55305966


What does certified mean?


In Germany, legal documents presented to an authority often must be translated into German by a certified, sworn translator. This is the case when the authority demands a so-called ‘certified translation’ (beglaubigte Übersetzung).


In accordance with the provisions of the German Code of Civil Procedure Section 142 (3) ZPO, sworn translators are required to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the translation, state the place and date of translation, sign it as well as affix their stamp to it (depending on the federal state). A stamp is not mandatory in every federal state of Germany. If a stamp is required by federal state law, it must at least contain the name and working languages of the translator and, if necessary, his/her address.


Further information on the subject of ‘sworn translators and interpreters’ can be found on the website of the BDÜ (Association of German Interpreters and Translators): http://bdue.de/der-beruf/beeidigte/



What is an apostille?


The German Federal Foreign Office provides the following information on apostilles on its Web page:
In states which are party to the Hague Convention abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents of 5 October 1961, public documents no longer need to be legalized. All that is required for these documents is the so-called Hague apostille The Hague apostille confirms the authenticity of a public document, the original of which must be submitted to the designated authority.
You can ask the issuer of your document which authority is designated to issue a ‘Hague apostille’ for it or contact the administration of justice or registry office of the district in which the document was issued.
You can also find information on apostille agencies as well as additional information on the procedure on the website or in a leaflet of the responsible German agency abroad.
In addition, apostille agencies are published on the website of the
Hague Conference.



Druckversion Druckversion | Sitemap
© freshminds - Übersetzung + Unterricht